You know how there are some things you just have to get off your chest? Thoughts that crowd your brain and make your head feel like it’s been crushed by a giant nutcracker controlled by Mr. T? You ever feel like if you had one question to ask God, it would be “What the heck were you thinking?”
Okay, so maybe not – nevertheless, I have to vent lest I blow up like that bratty girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory:
- I don’t care whether Michael Jackson has the flu, dances on top of a car or smiles during jury selection. I only care whether he’s guilty or innocent, and I can wait until the jury tells me, not E! Entertainment News.
- I don’t know what’s worse: That one-fifth of young Americans use The Daily Show as their primary news source, or that a middle-aged American like me uses The Daily Show and occasionally The Simpsons for the same.
- One-fourth of all Finnish families have a dog. I wonder how many Finnish dogs have mobile phones? And how do you SMS without opposable thumbs?
- I did a proposal for a client who wanted recommendations on how to use blogging for a local “citizen journalism” effort. My partner and I created the proposal online, as a blog. I gave the client the link to read the proposal on his custom-designed blog. The client then asked me to print a copy of the proposal and drop it by his office. Am I missing something?
- I notice that there are a lot of bloggers who only blog about blogging. Is that like a writer who only writes about writing?
- The Anaheim Angels are now the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Doesn’t that mean the team’s name, fully translated, is the “Angels Angels?” Isn’t that “Stupid Stupid?”
- Chris Rock, who is hosting the Oscars, recently said he didn’t agree with giving out awards for “art.” Did someone tell him this was the Oscars, so he has nothing to worry about?
- Kobe Bryant is back in the lineup for the Los Angeles Lakers. Just in time, I was beginning to forget why I can’t stand the Lakers this year.
You can let go now, Mr. T. That’s it, nice and easy…